Saturday, May 5, 2012

Reflections on the Eve of the Long Run


Tomorrow, many of my runner tweeps are set to run the GoodLife Toronto Marathon and it looks like supreme conditions for a PB.  I, on the other hand, will be doing a 38km run, the longest in my training plan for the Ottawa Marathon May 27th.  This is the highest mileage week in my plan - the week I always swear that "this will be my last marathon".  It will be my third.  Glutton for punishment, I guess.   People ask me why I do this.  It's hard to explain but I boil it down to 3 things:  1. It's a challenge and the more I put into it, the better I get  2. CALORIE BURN  3.  Stress relief.  And let me tell you, the third reason is so powerful that many a time I have had to go out for a run just to get rid of the nasty stuff that we all face some days.

To all those running tomorrow, may you have the run of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment