Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reflections on a Sunny Sunday

It's the Victoria Day Weekend in Canada and I decided to take a day off to make for four days of rest and relaxation.  I think I needed it after finishing my most intense marathon training ever in prep for the Ottawa Marathon May27th.  I probably needed a break after some other tough things that have challenged   me over the past month. As I sit on my deck, wine in hand, on this beautiful day, I can't help but think of what I've accomplished, the people who have supported me and the beauty of life. I thank my family, my kids, my darling husband (who the hell else would put up with my craziness for 20 years?), and dear friends ME and LH, and JK the most amazing lady and all the tweeps that inspire me every day. When tough things happen you can choose one of three things : let it define you, let it destroy you or let it strengthen you.  Those who know me know which one I chose. Sometimes it just takes me a while to get there.  I'm going to rock the Ottawa Marathon for me and all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment