Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunny Sunday 38.66km

I post this blog as my rewards for a successful training week bake in the oven.  Homemade pizza (with lots of black olives) and chocolate chip cookies - my two faves I shall enjoy.  This week was the highest mileage in my marathon training plan - I clocked just over 82km, 38.66km of them today.  It was a gorgeous morning, the sun shining, birds chirping, apple blossoms in Mennonite country, winds light and the temperature near perfect.  I must admit, while the run was arduous,  the scenery and the company I had made it not so bad.  Scenery, exchanging stories, philosophies on life and general camaraderie is what makes the run go by fast.  Yes, 38.66kms can go fast.  For those of you wondering, the "runner's high" I don't think is ever achieved during a long run.  But I can tell you that afterward, as today, you feel an incredible sense of accomplishment, an "I can do anything" mentality and your entire mood is just awesome.  Next week, I start tapering which means I reduce the mileage slowly as I finish the last 3 weeks till the Ottawa Marathon.  Enjoy the last of the weekend - I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment